Ashwagandha is an herb that is a staple in Ayurvedic medicine and is becoming more and more popular in the world of health in the modern day Western world. It is highly regarded by many credible doctors, has a growing list of proven powerful health benefits, and many of those who have made it a part of their daily health regimen will swear that it’s long term benefits are undeniable. Some of the ashwagandha benefits include: chronic stress and anxiety relief, improved memory and brain function, reduced blood sugar levels, balancing hormones, improved sexual function and a reduction in inflammation. There are also numerous studies being done that show support for ashwagandha weight loss. Click here if you are interested in reading more about some these benefits.
Some of the most popular ways to ingest the herb are with a supplement, drinking an ashwagandha tea, or mixing the ashwagandha root powder with water and drinking it, but an ashwagandha latte is another great way to get this healthy herb into your system – and it will certainly give the added bonus of helping with sleep if you drink it before bed!
– 1 cup of milk (or milk alternative such as almond, cashew or coconut milk)
– 1 teaspoon of ashwagandha root powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
– A pinch of cinnamon
1. Warm the milk
2. Add the ashwagandha powder, honey or maple syrup, and spices
3. Stir well (use a milk frother or whisk if possible)
4. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy the ashwagandha anxiety relief!